This free three-week course will help you produce a perfect CV, application, and online profile when applying for a job or course. Experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield share their top tips to help you write exceptional applications, CVs (or résumés), covering letters, and personal statements.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to,
- Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course
- Apply best practice techniques when applying for jobs, apprenticeships, placements, and university courses, from preparing to apply, to writing CVs and completing application forms
- Identify what recruiters are looking for by analysing job adverts and researching employers and institutions, to find out how to adapt your offer to suit their requirements
- Develop a better understanding of your strengths and skills to tackle applying for your dream job or course with confidence
- Improve the way you promote yourself effectively through positive writing and a strong personal brand, creating an identity that looks impressive to a recruiter, whether that’s an employer or admissions tutor
Week 1: Preparing to apply
Week 2: CVs and covering letters
Week 3: Application forms and personal statements
- Pamela Hafekost
- Katie Casserly
- Alison Clay
- Marcus Zientek
There are no reviews yet.