Teaching English: How to Plan a Great Lesson Course Overview
Develop your English language teaching skills and learn how to plan and deliver effective English lessons with this online course. Gain new teaching skills and practices to put towards your CPD. By learning to develop a great lesson, English language teachers give students the best opportunity to retain what they’ve learned. In this course, you will look at four professional practices, share your own teaching experiences, and apply what you’ve learned to your CPD.
In Teaching English: How to Plan a Great Lesson FutureLearn Course, You will learn to understand your students and build a rapport with them. You will explore the key factors to remember when planning lessons and courses, including using resources like technology and flashcards. You will also learn how to manage the lesson and keep your students engaged with your teaching methods.
- Learner motivation
- Building rapport
- Getting learners talking
Planning lessons and courses
- Why and how do teachers plan lessons and courses.
- What are the key factors to consider?
- Identifying aims and stages in your own and others’ lessons.
- Making the most of the resources available to you.
- The role of technology.
- Using flashcards and realia.
- Boardwalk, Sharing resources with others.
Managing the lesson
- Factors that influence learning.
- Teacher language and the use of L1.
- Pair and group work.
- Engaging learners.
- Claire Ross