Become a leader and start making a difference in the world through policymaking.
Policy change can affect billions of lives. What if you could create policies to enhance societies, transform lives and change the impact we have on the world? In this course, you will build knowledge and awareness about policymaking and leadership.
You will learn from global policy experts and hear innovative perspectives from policy leaders creating change all around the world. Listen to guest speakers from the United Nations, UK House of Lords, and The Elders, and learn to create your own policy action plan.
This course is aimed at people who see themselves as future leaders in the field of policymaking.
Turning passion into policy
- What is the policy?
- Who makes policy change?
- How to use passion and purpose
- Your role in making a policy change
Learning from experts
- Hearing from experts, world leaders, and young people who have made changes in the world
Insight and evidence
- Evidence in policymaking
- How to use evidence
- Different kinds of evidence
- Policy creation processes
Collaborating and influencing
- Policymaking tactics
- “Policy windows” and the best time to take action
- What are stakeholders?
- How to understand and influence others to make change
- Communication and influence
- How to define and communicate your “vision” for change
Creating your policy action plan
- Actions, tools, and tactics to help you plan your policy
- How to achieve long-term impact
- Key things to consider as you are planning your path to change
- Richard Hill