International Human Resources Management: An Introduction Futurelearn Course Overview
Discover human resources management theory and practice, and learn how HR policies and strategies differ around the world. Improve your understanding of HR management in an international context. Improve your understanding of HR management in an international context. What is human resource management and how can HR policy be used to improve business effectiveness? In International Human Resources Management: An Introduction course, you’ll be introduced to the ideas and strategies behind effective human resource management.
You’ll have the opportunity to discover international HR theory and consider how HR practice differs from country to country.
You’ll have the chance to explore how HR policies are approached by different companies and how their practices differ on the global stage.
You’ll also have the opportunity to use a global company case study to explore international HR management in practice.
What topics will you cover?
- An introduction to human resources (HR).
- The role HR takes in a business setting.
- The HR practices of multinational companies.
- Peer review of an international business’s HR practice.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore theories of international HRM
- identify the role of the HR practitioner in international business
- Identify similarities and differences in HR practices between countries
- Analyse an international company’s HR practice
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals who’d like to better understand the concept of human resources management and expand their HR knowledge in an international context.
This course would be a great introduction to HR for anyone who’d like to study human resources management at a higher level.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.